You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3412345 > >>
Author Messages
The Machinist
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Jan 2010 4:35 PM

I don't actually ride a TerraShark.  I was a little late to the game.  I ride a Santa Cruz Blur, but I have some friends who are on TerraSharks.  They got tired of the original hanger bending every time a stick so much as looked at it sideways, so they commissioned me to make a stouter replacement.  They have been riding on them for a couple of months since we finalized the design.  Unfortunately, I geve them the new ones before I got any pictures.

Does anybody need hangers?  It looks like these are great frames.  I had my friend's in my shop for a while when I was working on the hanger design and I really wanted to take it for a ride, but it wasn't built up.  There must be a few disabled frames out there in need of a hanger.  As far as I can see, they are unavailable. 

Update: These are for sale on my website.   http://billetmetalcraft.com/Products.html

billetmetalcraft.com
    Derek22464

--
    10 Jan 2010 11:41 PM

Me! Me!

Let me know about prices and availability please?

Mine is a standard Terrashark from 2001.

Thanks

Derek

robert

--
    11 Jan 2010 12:16 AM
    What happened to Adrian Winsor's ones that he was getting made? I should be buying one or two for my bike just in case, but at this point was waiting for those to come along.

If those are no longer being made then I'll be in for this one.
    Rob
    The Machinist
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Jan 2010 8:24 AM
    I don't want to step on any toes. My friends came to me because they couldn't find the hangers anywhere. derailleurhanger.com doesn't have them on their site anymore.
    I saw that Adrian had some made, but from what I could see, it looks like they might not be available anymore.
    The hangers I made are much stronger than the originals and even an improvement over the ones derailleurhanger.com used to sell. They showed me a bent one that had been a victim of our redwood forest.
    I don't know if there were any changes in the dropouts over the model years.
    Here is a (terrible) picture of the frame I used for fitment. The hanger installed is the one derailleurhanger.com used to sell.

Does this look the same as yours, Derek?
    I think that $25.00 US plus shipping is a reasonable price. Maybe a discount 2 for $45. I can get these on my machine within a week.
    billetmetalcraft.com
    Derek22464

--
    11 Jan 2010 2:30 PM

Hello Mr Machinist!

My bike maintenance skills are completely nonexistent beyond oiling the chain and putting air in the tyres!

So I have no idea what my RD design is and whether the one in your (blurry!) picture will fit or not.

I did actually contact derailleurhanger.com, but they wanted me to send them a digital picture of the hanger off the bike - and that would've meant:

1. Procuring a digital camera

2. Taking the bike to a shop, getting them to remove the hanger for me, taking a picture and then putting the hanger back on again.

I am happy to order two rear derailleur hangers from you at the price you quoted - $45.00 including delivery. If they don't fit then that's my responsibility, and I will try and sell them on at the same price to someone else who may be able to use them.

All I know is that my Terrashark is from 2001, and to the best of my knowledge, EP-X didn't change the design during the bike's lifetime. If anyone knows any differently then please let me know.

PM me to arrange payment (bank transfer, Paypal?) and then you can proceed with the work.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes

Derek

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3412345 > >>