You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Derek22464

--
16 Jul 2010 2:59 PM
    An old EP-X catalogue from 2001!

In it are pictures and specifications for the range:

The Roadster - front suspension, fixed rear 'Synchronous Drive' gear with a toothed belt, not a chain and a centre Swing-Arm Pivot so that the bike semi folds! (£1500)

The Sand Skimmer - front suspension and 'Synchronous Drive' (£1500)

The Mako - front suspension and 27 speed SRAM gears (£1750)

The Speedster - front suspension and Rohloff 14 speed sealed rear hub (£2100)

The Terra Shark - full suspension and full carbon fibre rear swing-arm (came in three variants - 1 (£1900), 2 (£2250) and 3 (£2500))

There was also a range called Reef, but I don't know anything about them and have never seen one. Anyone else?

I was lucky; there was only one shop in Sussex that sold them and I went on an open day to test ride a Terra Shark. Of course, I knew within ten seconds that I'd take it and they were offering a 10% discount if you placed an order on the day, so I got £250 off straightaway!

I understand that they made two sales, but I have never seen another EP-X ever again.

Great bike!

Derek
    robert

--
    19 Jul 2010 1:04 PM
    Hi Derek, that's certainly a bit of a rarity to find!

If you scan it and email it through to me, I'll put it up with all the other images and material I've got here for the site when I finally get onto it.

I've got a backup of the original UK website that was built at great expense at the time... the domain was ep-x.com, which I see has now just got spam ads on it. That site had the Reef model on it.. it's basically the Terrashark with the alloy swingarm instead of the carbon one.

I'll attach a pic here

Derek22464

--
    20 Jul 2010 1:05 PM
    Hi Robert

Wow, I got a reply, I wasn't expecting that!

Alas, I don't have a printer or scanner nor know anyone else who does.

If you like, you can PM me with your postal address and I can send the brochure and price list to you so you can do the techno wizardry on my behalf.

Once it's done, you'd have to send them back to me, though, no trying to make easy money on Ebay!

Let me know.

Best Wishes
    Derek

p.s. Why would anyone buy a Reef when they could have the Terra Shark? The carbon swingarm looks so much better, in my opinion....
    robert

--
    21 Jul 2010 5:20 PM
    Hi Derek, no problem I'll pm you now.

I seem to recall the point of the Reef being just a lower cost than the Terrashark. It also seems to match the version of the bike that was made under license in Taiwan later on.
    robert

--
    21 Jul 2010 5:22 PM
    hmm looks like I haven't actually enabled private messaging on the forum. I'll look into that, but for now I'll just email you directly.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>