25 Replies
Sort:
Topic is locked
Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Arwinsor

--
14 Apr 2009 3:03 PM
Hi Eloh. I got my replacement swingarm from Evan in australia, but I think Robert told us he is not stocking parts anymore, just running a bike shop. You could try my EPX man in Johannesburg, avidon@iafrica.com maybe he'll find something in his parts bin. Seriously though, if this repair doesn't work, I will look for an aluminium replacement & spray it black-less trouble on the trails :-)
I am also going to get the second one repaired when it comes off the bike and keep it for a spare.
Denver

--
05 Jun 2009 5:30 PM

I am very said to learn that EPX never made a come back.  I have had sevral high end bikes and the EPX is by far the best one.  www.MTBR.com owners rated it at 3.86.  And that is the kind of thing that killed TerraShark.  The 0 rating is what killed the rating due to the fact he had a creaking bottom bracket.  I had the same creak.  I thought it was the carbon...  But, it way only a crappy bottom bracket.  I replaced it and the problem went away.  Owner error is my guess.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-suspensio/epx/terrashark/PRD_365071_1526crx.aspx

What I think if funny is you cannot get a better bike at any price today.   I  I hope my bike holds up because I do not know what I will do if it fails.

One thing that is confusing is that this link says you can still buy the bike.  http://www.epxbikes.com/MountainBikes/EPXTerrashark/tabid/125/Default.aspx

Denver USA

robert

--
05 Jun 2009 5:42 PM
Hi Bill,

I've also got that creak on mine.. makes the bike sound a like I'm riding some cheap pos, but it's amusing anyway.

It looks like Google still finds the old pages. I had hidden them but not secured them altogether, so I'll do that now. I do plan on putting up all EPX information and images that I still have onhand soon, and then I'll probably pull in some bits from the old website. I have to be careful how I do it because it's not official and will just be for historic interest. I've got some good high quality files that can be used as wallpapers etc.

Rob
Andrew Rowe

--
18 Jun 2009 6:34 PM

Hi Rob,

THANKS.....   for keep this up and providing a medium for us all to communicate via.

I have a EPX 303 62 cm built bike for sale. Its running Ultergra 9 speed. It has been in a box for 3 years and has maybe 400 km on it.

I would be keen to sale for around AUS $ 1500.00.

I can be contacted on NZ +64 21 211 6541 

<AGROWE>
robert

--
18 Jun 2009 8:49 PM
Hi Andrew, I was wondering if you're still here even!

It's best to make your post in the parts forum rather than in this one as more people are likely to see it. Some of the members will also be keen to hear from someone as involved in the production of the bikes as you were, so please feel free to check out some of the posts and give your advice.

Another thing.. I'd be keen to get hold of any interesting photos of the design and production of the bikes and put a gallery up on the site here. Let me kow if you have anything.
Rob
Topic is locked
Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>