165 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 34 << < 23456 > >>
Author Messages
Derek22464

--
16 Jan 2010 7:58 AM

Just to let everyone know that I have ordered two hangers from The Machinist and they're on their way.

I didn't provide an image as I don't have a digital camera, so it's fingers crossed that they fit!

I will keep you all up to date with my progress once they've arrived, then you can make an informed decision yourself as to whether you want to buy too.

Best Wishes

Derek

The Machinist
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Jan 2010 8:29 AM
I looked around online and it looks like the design didn't change through the run.
I just shipped one to Rob too.
billetmetalcraft.com
aaronpang

--
18 Jan 2010 10:31 PM

No problems The Machinist my offer stands...

I hope the guys that got the RD hangers can provide some feedback on how it holds up, I'm tempted to get it as well.

Arwinsor

--
21 Jan 2010 12:08 PM
To all who requested Terrashark hangers, I have been testing those made for me, but the aluminium was not high enough quality. I have just procured some 7 series (aircraft grade) alu, and am taking it to the workshop in the next day or two, so hope to be in production soon. Will keep you posted.
The Machinist
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Jan 2010 12:51 PM
That's a good point you make, Arwinsor. 6061 is the most commonly used alloy, but for this appliication 7075 is better.

The hangers I machined are made from 7075 alloy. They have been holding up well on the Santa Cruz redwood trails which are notorious for curly sticks that like to grab your derailleur and yank it.
One of my riding buddies on the new generation Santa Cruz Blur LT has actually gone through two hangers on his bike in the past six months, and those hangers are pretty stout.
billetmetalcraft.com
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 34 << < 23456 > >>