13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
Arwinsor

--
02 Aug 2010 8:00 AM
In 2001 I visited the EPX factory in the Midlands, situated in the old Coventry (?) bike works, but nicely modernised. I tried all of the range you mentioned above, plus some more, like the drop-dead gorgeous Reef Tri-bike etc. Reef was the name given to bikes destined for the Aussie market as I remember, you are correct, they were down-specced, but the alu swingarm may yet prove to be longer-lasting than the carbon one-I am on my third on the Terrashark and keep one spare just in case... I also have the original owner's manual that came with my Mako, detailing all the bikes in the range and basic maintenance of the different drive trains. My Mako was 'made-to-measure' by the nice guys there, as a 9 speed, although I have since made it into a 27 speed by the addition of a SRAM 3 speed internal hub.
Sadly the factory closed shortly afterwards, and I had to get spares from Australia, although now I make my own :-).
hanaz

--
03 Aug 2010 4:17 PM
Robert, I recently purchased an EPX Hollowpoint frame and would like to built and paint it as original as it can be. Do you have any references, ie; photos, specs, etc ?. I would like to find out the original colour and the font of the decal that stick on the frame. Preferrably, if you can email infos to hanazli@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance!
robert

--
03 Aug 2010 6:14 PM
Good post Adrian, like the idea of sharing purchasing stories.. mght have to start a thread on that subject.

Hanazli.. I've emailed you 16Mb worth of goodies to help you along. Keep us up to date with your progress. You should definitely take snaps before you start as well.

Regards
Rob
robert

--
03 Aug 2010 6:15 PM
Derek, I've mailed your package back today. Let me know when it arrives.
Thanks heaps!
Rob
Derek22464

--
11 Aug 2010 7:39 AM
Hi Robert

Thought I'd reply to you via the Forum rather than private e-mail.

The brochure arrived back today in one piece - thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing how it reproduces on the site, and I hope it becomes a useful reference source for other EPX owners out there.

I still can't believe what a good frame it is - so forgiving yet sharp and responsive. £2500 was a lot of money back in 2001, but even today that kind of money won't buy you anything significantly better in my opinion, so it just proves how well designed and engineered the bikes were from the start.

I've just bought a Gocycle as a spare bike, as the rear shock on the Terrashark has finally given up the ghost and is off the road waiting for a replacement by Fox. The Gocycle is a fantastic little machine, but not a patch on the Terrashark.

Check it out:

http://www.gocycle.com/

Wait for the animations to fully load, then click on the '+' symbols for further information.

Also, just wanted to say thank you very much for creating and updating this site - it's the only one of its kind out there on this great brand, so keep up the good work!

Best Wishes

Derek
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>