You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 7 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Derek22464

--
23 Apr 2015 2:18 PM
Hi Luie

To answer your questions:

1. No, the frame wasn't damaged due to the crash. I was lucky - a car pulled out in front of me from a line of stationary traffic as I was shooting past. I had no time to react and went straight over the handlebars and hit the bonnet with my face. The impact was all front on, hence why the front forks took the blow, not the frame. I was actually very relieved as replacing the forks was straightforward and easy, replacing the frame would've been nigh on impossible.

2. Yes, the bike was inspected by the shop as they had to do £500 worth of repairs! I can understand your hesitation as carbon fibre has a catastrophic failure rate i.e. it doesn't bend like metal, it just snaps in two, which would be fairly terrifying if you were on one at the time! But I can honestly say that EP-X seem to have known what they were doing and the layering techniques they've used have made the Terrashark incredibly strong yet light.

3. The shop that did the repairs replaced the forks for me and I upgraded them to the Magura Rond S.

I can't answer your query regarding the 303 as I don't know anything about that specific model. I would suggest that you get it inspected and try and perhaps knock off the cost of that from the asking price if the frame gets the all clear. As Rob says, they are special and unique bikes but hardly anyone has them, so they're only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay.

If your seller has looked after it, apart from her crash, then that is a good sign. At least she was honest and upfront enough with you to inform you that it had been involved in a crash, but you won't really know what condition it's in unless you have it inspected. A good bike is an investment and it's sometimes worth paying more than you can afford for one that will last.

If she's a friend, then maybe you can pay in instalments? Or meet her halfway at 600 dollars? If it's in good condition then you may, potentially, have a gem on your hands as they rarely come up on the market. Us owners tend to keep them!

Good luck
Derek
fastfingers

--
23 Apr 2015 2:33 PM
Good feedback Derek thank you you Re breathing life into this forum,I see its 230 pm over there!! Here its 930pm nite,,,,
Derek22464

--
23 Apr 2015 2:39 PM

No, it's actually 3:39 am!

I am a night owl!

fastfingers

--
23 Apr 2015 3:00 PM
oh ok here 10 pm I stay up myself ,watching real Madrid beat  athletico madrid good game,,,
robert
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 May 2015 6:39 PM

I've finally made a PDF from the scans I did off Derek's original UK EP-X bike brochure.

Grab it here.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 7 << < 12345 > >>